Hmm… I kind of do want to name a future daughter Primrose now! Katniss would be a bit too fangirly — everyone would know where I got that from. I might as well name said future kid Neri Mera Ayla Elphaba Midna Katniss Primrose Abby Ziva Hermione Ginevra [Insert Last Name].
I am a former College RhetComp instructor and an aspiring twister of folk- and fairy-tales. More…
Topicsauthor focus book blogging challenges Classic Juv/YA fantasy comics family fantasy favorites festivals folklore/fairy tales graphic-novels Halloween historical humor LGBTQIA Lithuania magical realism mermaids meta movies music news nonfiction nostalgic Ocean Girl radar opinion out-of-book experiences Picture Book Parade picture books poetry re-reads romantic satire Scholarly Musings school reads selkies short stories spooky summer of superheroes writing year-end review
Top Posts & Pages
- "Stink bugs are temporary. Love is forever."
- "Spring has come again already" - Lithuanian poetry through the ages
- Ghastly stories for the biggest scare-seekers
- The Emoticon Generation
- Happy October-versary to me!
- 2013 Hall o' Faves
- About Me
- "Ten miške, kur eglės ošią…"
- "…inside that peach stone is a tree, folded a million times. So go and plant it."
- Dear Authors: Not every YA heroine needs a boyfriend
Consult the Oracle
Other Blogs and Such…
. . . . .
ON FAIRY TALES
Folktexts, ed./trans. D. L. Ashliman
Tess Talks Fairy Tales
. . . . .